Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Worst Dinner - to date

I came up with a snazzy little recipe for Baked Ginger Lemon Chicken:
  • Chicken Breast
  • 2 Inches Ginger
  • Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
  • Olive Oil
  • Bake at 400
I let the chicken marinate all day and then baked it.  The chicken wasn't dry, but it was as bland as a room without some hot pink.  Dinner ended up in the trash - there was no reviving it.  Sweet Husband was, well, very sweet.  He hugged me as I was near tears and said, "Babe, it's OK, you worked really hard and I am really thankful for your hard work."   

Sweet Husband always makes me feel good even when dinner is an epic failure - he has had a lot of practice encouraging me through many less than delish meals!  =)  So instead for dinner we had PB and J with veggies. 



3 comments:

  1. I think chicken is hard to do, honestly. It usually tastes bland to me :) You're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! Laura Landis (She is from MetroEast, her kiddos are Willow and Samuel and then hubby Parker) we were talking about how chicken recipes are usually bland so we decided to have a cooking day and we are going to try a chicken recipe from her mother in law. It is Lemon Rosemary Chicken. We are also making Tabbouleh and bruscetta to go with it. We are meeting today at her house to make the meals for our families tonight. Laura and I would love to have a cooking day with you sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be AWESOME! Marinating the chicken all day usually helps. Also, roasting a whole chicken (which is way harder than it sounds) is really really yummy! The recipe I use is here: http://inspiredkara.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-im-cooking-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete