Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jake's Bed - Made with Love

As Sweet Husband and I were perusing the aisles at Pet's Smart we realized that dog beds are incredibly overpriced.  As I looked at the pillows my domestic side kicked into full gear and out flowed from my mouth, "You know honey, I bet I can make Jake a pillow just like that."  And so, that is what I did.  I made our silly boy Jake a huge dog pillow!!!  In the store the large pillows were priced starting at $80.00 - which is a bit ridiculous.  I was able to make this pillow for $39.00.  My fabric ranged from $5 a yard for the Navy and White and $9 a yard for the Navy Canvas.  I got 2 yards of each, heavy duty needles, thread for denim (it is really strong) and I also bought 3 bags of stuffing.  This bed is for a dog that is about 70 lbs and 3 feet long. 
Material - Navy and White stripes and the bottom is Navy canvas
Sewing the sides together! 

Stuffing

Fill er' up

FILLED! 

Jake approved =)

2 comments:

  1. Your puppy pillow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was so much fun to make and even more fun to watch Jake enjoy his new bed!

    ReplyDelete