Thursday, April 14, 2011

Improvisation - a key ingredient for cooking

I was inspired by Kara to make yummy BLT's for dinner tonight - with Duke's Mayonnaise - thank you Kara for bringing this to my attention!  Let me just say that Duke's Mayonnaise really tastes different than any other mayo I have had - so you should get some. 

We started off cooking turkey bacon.  I was looking for our tongs and realized we didn't have them anymore - who knows where they ended up.  A friend of mine as some tiny bamboo tongs that she uses when she cooks bacon, so I looked around my kitchen for something similar - and this is what I found: 

A wood close pin  =) It worked perfectly!

I cut up some tomatoes, fruit, and pulled out Duke's Mayonnaise.......
Yum....dinner.....

4 comments:

  1. Yeah it was delish! We are going to start BLT Thursday's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. table looks so pretty! oh, and the cloths pin tongs.....genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! I got the table cloth idea from Jake and Kara's wedding!

    ReplyDelete