Saturday, April 30, 2011

What you should know about making Tea

I love Iced Tea in the summer.  And I love it with some sugar and fresh squeezed lemons.  Since the weather in IL has been rainy for the last month I haven't been able to make sun tea.  So instead I heat up water for tea in my cheery red tea kettle. I like having the tea bags in the kettle while it boils so I get every last drop o' tea out of the tea bag.  Frugal yes....smart....well I thought so, until this happened.  
While cooking a lovely dinner I asked Sweet Husband, "Do you smell that?  Does it smell like something is burning?"  Sweet Husband sniffed the air and agreed something was burning.  I checked the oven.  Negative.  I checked the pasta I was boiling.  Negative.  Then I looked at the tea kettle....the papers on the tea bag were on fire.  Sweet Husband came to the rescue and put out the fire for me.  Lesson Learned:  keep a shorter string on the tea bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment