Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gettin' my Domestic On - Chicken Lemon Soup

Alright, tonight is a serious test of my cooking abilities.  I am making Chicken Lemon Soup.  This soup takes 12 hours to make and requires 4 inches of ginger of which I have no clue what to do with the 4 inches of ginger.  However, this recipe brings a lot of excitement as I needed to buy some additional cooking tools.  The first is a lemon zester - the name alone is awesome so I am excited to see what some zest can do for my cooking.  The second tool is a lemon squeezer thing that gets the juice out of the lemons without letting seeds get into the soup.  My sweet husband said, "I bet you could just use your pretty hands for that" to which I replied, "I am pretty sure I could just use my hands, but I can't resist the chefy feeling I get when I hold that shiny, yellow lemon squeezer thing!"  He smiled - I love this.  

And now it begins - my domestic is on and we are cookin some Chicken Lemon Soup =)  I will keep you posted....

Here are all the yummies cooking up together - this is my first time cooking with ginger...it smells delish  =) 


 My handy dandy yellow lemon squeezer thingy  =) It squeezes the lemons and also gives your arms a nice work out - as if we really needed it though  =)




4 comments:

  1. I didn't have a grater so lets hope zesting the ginger will do =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesson Learned: The recipe called for 5 cloves of garlic. I am doubling the recipe so I bought what I thought was 10 garlic cloves. Turns out a clove is just a portion of one bulb, not an entire bulb...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mel, I love you!!! Here is my favorite zester! You will go through that garlic in no time. I put it in EVERYTHING.

    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14755543

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Melissa! That is a detailed, time consuming recipe so I am impressed! I had so much fun today, can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete