Saturday, January 7, 2012

DIY Ladder Card Holder

My Sweet Husband and I found this ladder outside a trashcan on moving day in the apartment complex we used to live in.  I was going to turn it into a pot rack for our kitchen but decided to make it into a card holder instead.  Here is how you do it!  


Things you need : A ladder, Glidden Gripper, Paint of any color, Twine/Ribbon, Wood Close Pins, Cards or pictures from your nearest and dearest!


Another project that is perfect for gripper!!!!

STEP ONE:  PREP LADDER FOR PAINTING
1.  Paint the entire ladder with Gripper


I painted it with one coat and then did a second coat in areas where it needed it.  I used a sponge to apply the gripper but you could use a paint brush if you wanted!  I did not sand the ladder at all before applying gripper. The ladder had lacquer on it but the gripper does the trick!

STEP TWO:  PAINT THE LADDER
1.  I used a paint brush for this step....not sure why I used a sponge and then a paint brush but I did - it really doesn't matter =)   I applied one coat of paint and then did a second coat in areas that needed it.  

STEP THREE:  TRANSFORM THE LADDER INTO A CARD HOLDER

1.  I used a thick twine for this step.  All you do is loop a string of twine from the bottom rung to the top rung and then knot it off with a bow.  Then use close pins to attach cards, pictures, etc to the twine!


No comments:

Post a Comment