Saturday, January 7, 2012

DIY Barn Wood Signs

My Sweet Husband makes the most beautiful barn wood tables....

This is the top of the table, the barn wood is over 100 years old.  He is getting ready to add the legs which are made out of black cast iron.  He is so handsome...and handy...and those are two of the MANY reasons I love him!  



I took the barn wood that he did not use and made some barn wood signs to hang in our home!  


I just used regular paint for the signs.  I used a permanent marker to draw the letters and then painted them.  I let the paint dry and then sealed the entire board with clear coat.  Here is a pic of the clear coat I used and the finished signs! 





The EAT sign is 3 separate pieces of wood.   I have it up on the top of our cabinets in the kitchen!

We hung this in our bathroom  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment