Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ladies, hold on to your horses.  These cookies will knock your stilettos off! These are yummy, thin cookies that are crunchy on the edge and gooey in the middle.  
Sweet Husband loved these cookies and I am certain that you and your Sweet Honey will too!!!

First things first - you are going to want a mixer, unless you prefer a great arm work out.  I don't have a mixer so I creamed butter with my own hands/arms.  I also don't have a cooling rack - I have a great solution for this later on...

The best way to cream butter without a mixer is to let the stick of butter get to room temp, cut the butter into squares and then use a wood spoon to chop at it and make it all one hunk.  (The word Hunk might make you think of your Handsome Hunk....don't get distracted....back to the cookies)  =)  

After you get the butter into a nice big hunk (focus) of butter you add in the sugar (brown and white).  At this point I switched over to using my Pampered Chef 4-pronged ground beef thingy (I tried to find it on-line for you at Pampered Chef but I couldn't find it)  This meat thingy also works well for making homemade guac - it's great for crushing avacados!  So you just squish all this around until it looks like this.....
Yummy!!!  WARNING:  This butter/sugar/brown sugar mix is incredibly delish!!!  And yes, I ate every bit that just happened to get on my finger  =)  
It pays to be a messy cook!
At this point you have mixed in the flour, malted milk, and chocolate chips.  I used the chocolate malted milk but I am sure you can use regular as well.  
This is a before and after of the cookies.  2 Main things you should know
1.  Make sure these cookies have a lot of room.  They spread out and get really thin.  2.  Let the cookies cool but not too much....they get really crispy on the edges and are difficult to remove without breaking.  I suggest you re-spray your baking pan/sheet between each batch of cookies and also let them cool just enough so they are not too gooey to get off the pan but also not too crisp that they just break.  
OK so actually there are 3 things - 
3.  You MUST watch these cookies like a hawk!  There are only a few seconds between burnt and yummy - set a timer and keep an eye on them!
Speaking of cooling - I don't have a cooling rack. So instead I used a fan and my cookies - aim the fan and you get instantly cool cookies...and a cool pan!  
Hello beautiful!!!!!!
That is one thin, yummy, ooey, gooey, full of goodness cookie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment